Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Tuesday, October 3, 2017

Witching You | Honey Bee Stamps


Hi there! It's Kelley back again with a Halloween card project.
I had a great time with the masking and ink blending on this card. I have prepared a video tutorial including all the steps taken to create this card. I hope you'll check it below! If you'd rather watch it out our YouTube channel, click Here!

Video Tutorial:


I appreciate you sticking around! A full list of supplies is found at the end of this post.



To start out the scene I prepared masks for the hillside. Using the masks as guides, I set up the large stamp from the Hey Pumpkin stamp set in my Misti. I masked off the areas of the stamp that I did not want to use on the card. I stamped the trees in Versafine Onyx Black Ink and covered them in clear embossing powder. Using a heat tool, I warmed the powder and melted it until nice and smooth. To make the ink blending easy, I used masks to cover each area . I used both Twisted Citron and Peeled Paint Distress Oxides for the ground. For the sunset, I blended on Spiced Marmalade, Picked Raspberry, and Wilted Violet Distress Oxides. Sprinkling the inks with water gives it the spotted oxide reaction.


I colored the Curious Kitty and witches hat with Copic Markers and then fussy cut each image. To get rid of the stark white sides once cut, I used a black Zig Clean Color Real Brush Marker to darken the edges. I used a small bit of foam tape to adhere the cat and it's hat to the scene.



The whole greeting is from the Hey Pumpkin Stamp Set. I stamped both the inside and out in Versafine Onyx Black Ink and heat embossed them with clear embossing powder. The cute little kitten on the inside is from the Curious Kitties set. I had so much fun creating this scene and was so excited when the sweet little witches hat fit on the kitty!

Supplies:


http://linkdeli.com/widget.js?1506605333909

1 comment: