Email

Instagram

Facebook

Pages

Tuesday, July 4, 2017

Celebrate!!! Happy 4th of July!


Happy Independence Day!

Today is Independence Day in the United States! We celebrate by having family get togethers, cookouts, and lots of fireworks!

My project for today is all about fireworks! I used a  Molotow Masking Fluid Pen to create basic firework designs on water color card stock. After the masking fluid had dried, I used mini Distress Ink pads to create the night sky. I applied the ink by tapping the pads directly onto the paper. Using a Distress Sprayer, I sprayed the background to make the pigment spread. I added layer after layer of ink and water until I got the look I was going for.



I created my own gold glitter card stock by applying glitter paste onto a white piece of paper. I just thinly spread the paste with a craft knife or spatula and then dried the paste with my heat tool. The Celebrate die was cut from the center of the glitter paper. That way I could add my fireworks background over the top and no one would ever know;)



The final touch was to add a little more sparkle to the center of the fireworks. I had some gold glitter in my stash that resembles tiny gold nuggets. I simply added dots of Nuvo liquid adhesive and then applied the gold nugget glitter. You could add any type of glitter or sparkle you have in your crafty stash!

Below I have included a video on exactly how I made this card. I hope you'll stick around to check it out. While your visiting the YouTube channel...BEE sure to subscribe! Honey Bee Stamps has lots of fun surprises coming up and we don't want you to miss a thing!

Video:

https://youtu.be/gvMBold0Viw

Supplies:

No comments:

Post a Comment